Last week I spend my autumn holiday in Aarhus, despite 5 days with the flu, I managed to develop and shoot 4 new recipes! One of things I miss the most when living in Copenhagen, despite Jonas, is my little bright and wonderful shooting space including my props, my kitchen and did I mention the light – oh the amazing natural light that provides the best possible circumstances for optimal food pictures! So whenever I have a long weekend back home I go straight to the kitchen and shoot pictures like a crazy person stocking up posts for the next couple of weeks. Now I almost can’t wait to share these new recipes with you, but today I’ll start with this little tasty treat!
I have always loved avocado on toast. My favourite way to enjoy this is when the avocado is mashed out onto a very crispy piece of toasted danish rye bread. But after seeing a picture on Instagram I was instantly inspired to try this new version where avocado slices are wrapped and baked in bacon – yum! I further added a honey mustard cream cheese and the result was kinda awesome – you should have seen Jonas’ face when easting it…pure happiness!
Ever since autumn arrived I have felt kinda of inspired – inspired to change my workout rutines, try new recipes, use new seasonal foods, read new lifestyle- and cook books (If I only had the time) and, oh yeah, inspired to cozy up with coffee, cake and popcorn time :) That is why I have included a little favourite list this time around, hoping that I might be able to inspire some of you to something new that can provide a little cozyness to this beautiful season.
Autumn favourite list
- Be sure to watch the movie Begin Again + get the sound track too
- Jump over to Amazon straight away and buy Green Kitchen Travels – New favourite cook book
- Whenever autumn knocks on the door I cook 50% of my food with These orange fellows
- I can’t seem to get enough of this Healthy treat – My favourite version is with cocoa and bailey
- Ever since I heard this Song I have been completely in love with it
- I really love the new trend with food videos and this Youtube channel is almost too good to be true
- My long time favourite instagram account is wonderful Bevcooks – be sure to read the picture text… she always makes me laugh so hard
- A must try this autumn is Spaghetti Squash but I also dream about this other Grain free spaghetti dish
- I am playing a lot with these Funny ‘cannonballs’ in the gym – great functional workout
And at last this avocado on toast recipe will be my new go-to lunch or breakfast….
Avocado on toast a la Josephine
2 ripe medium avocados
150 g thinly sliced bacon (8 pieces)
200 g cream cheese
2 tsp coarse mustard
1 tsp honey
Sea salt & fresh pepper
4-6 pieces of toasted bread e.g. Rye bread, Paleo bread or Sourdough
Preheat oven to 200 ºC / 400 ºF. Cut the bacon into half, giving you 16 small slices. Cut you avocados in halves, remove the stones and use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh in one pieces. Slice 4 wedges pr half avocado. Gently wraps each avocado wedge in a pieces of bacon and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 min.
Make your honey mustard cream cheese by mixing together cream cheese, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Toast your bread crispy, spread out the cream cheese in a generous layer. At last add the warm bacon wrapped avocado wedges and top with a little fresh cress.